IHG (the loyalty scheme of Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza etc) had issues with their Summer Accelerate promotion. Many guests didn’t have their stays correctly post to their IHG Rewards Club account – most likely due to IHG’s renown IT issues. This meant that not only did you have to contact IHG to get your points sent to your account, but it also appears to have messed up their following promotion – IHG Accelerate for the Autumn/Winter period. Loyal Spire Elite IHG Rewards Club members were targeted with very poor goals, meaning that the bonus points available were low (My own goal was to stay once during the promotion to earn 1,000 bonus IHG points). Since then IHG have launched a further promotion, the “IHG 4x Promotion”, which overlaps somewhat with the current Accelerate promotion.
The IHG 4x promotion is not a targeted. Anyone with an IHG Rewards Club account can signup, and all IHG members receive the same goals. Through the promotion you can earn up to quadruple bonus points. The promotion is valid for stays all the way until 31st January 2020.
You should note that have been 2 significant changes since the promotion originally launched:
- You now earn 4x bonus points on the 4th stay, and all subsequent stays. Originally you did not receive bonus points on booking after the 4th stay. Bonus points capped are at 200,000 points.
- You now must register for the promotion by 15th January 2020. Originally this was 15th December 2019, so has been extended a month.
This IHG 4x promotion can be used in addition to any offers you have been targeted as part of the IHG Accelerate promotion. IHG Accelerate is running until 31st December 2019, where as the 4x promotion runs until 31st January 2020.
You will receive the following bonus points in addition to any base points you earn during the promotion:
- 1,000 bonus points on your 1st stay
- 2x bonus points on your 2nd stay
- 3x bonus points on your 3rd stay
- 4x bonus points on your 4th and subsequent stays
To receive the offer you need to register and book before 15th January 2020 and stay before 31st January 2020 (all dates inclusive).