Melia Hotels, the Spanish based hotel group, with key brands in the UK including Melia, ME and INNSIDE continue to sell their Melia Rewards points via Amazon. Their UK properties are located in the larger cities of London and Manchester so there is not a huge spread throughout the country unfortunately. The most impressive property is ME London which is an amazing building complete with rooftop bar overlooking central London. Their hotel loyalty scheme, Melia Rewards, have revived the ability to purchase points through their site and they also, in what seems to be a first for hotel loyalty schemes, allowing you to buy Melia Rewards points via Amazon.
Towards the end of last year Melia started to offer 2 different packages of MeliaRewards points through Amazon. These were only around for a few weeks and then were discontinued. Now listings have now appeared on Amazon and you can buy Melia Rewards points as follows:
- 55,000 MeliaRewards points for £235.04
- 35,000 MeliaRewards points for £149.56
Both packages work out to be approximately the same price with 1000 MeliaRewards points working out to be around £4.30 per thousand. This is much less than purchasing direct from the Melia site (plus the purchase points section of their website seems to be down quite regularly).
Melia Rewards points obtained via Amazon can also redeem in exchange for spa treatments or breakfast, lunch or dinner at any Melia hotel.
When you purchase Melia Rewards points via Amazon you will receive a gift card containing the points balance in the post – you do not receive an instant redemption code. Delivery is free but with the Melia points gift card being sent from Spain it can take around 7 days to arrive, though there are many reports of the gift cards arriving in a few days via courier.
Further details from the Amazon listing:
- 55,000 MeliáRewards points to redeem for hotel nights – Equivalent to two hotel nights at Innside by Meliá and Meliá Hotels & Resorts 4* and 5*. If you prefer, you can also redeem your points in exchange for spa treatments or breakfast, lunch or dinner at any of our hotels. (*Equivalent points may vary depending on the date that you wish to book your stay or subject to availability at the hotel)
- From the date of purchase, the gift card recipient will have six months to activate their code. Once activated, they have one year to use the points.
- To redeem their points, recipients must register with Meliá Rewards, the Meliá Hotels International loyalty programme that offers exclusive benefits to guests all over the world.
- The gift card is a laminated card with graphics and comes in a presentation envelope.
Redeeming A Melia Rewards Points Gift Card
When you receive your Melia gift card you need to transfer the points to your Melia Rewards account. It really is a shame that Melia do not transfer the points directly to your account as it would be quicker, cheaper for Melia on the delivery cost, and save the planet a little as you only use the gift card for a few minutes.
To redeem the Melia gift card from Amazon and transfer the points directly into your account you need to:
- Head over to the Melia site and log in to your account (if you do not have one already you can create a Melia account very easily)
- After logging in go to the “My points” section, then click on the “Filter by category” button, then select “Shopping”
- Click “Amazon.co.uk”, then “Get your Melia Rewards points”
- Enter the code from the Melia gift card into the box
It is mentioned on the Melia site that points will take up to 24 hours to credit to your account, but in reality they are usually instant.