Until 22nd May 2018, you can get 20% off the Family & Friends Railcard when purchasing directly from National Rail. To receive the 20% discount enter promotion code FMH20. The Family & Friends railcard discount code reduces the cost of the card from £30 per year to £24 per year.
- Family & Friends Railcard – Available for up to 4 adults when travelling with up to 4 children aged 5 to 15. Receive 1/3 off for adults and 60% off for kids on most rail fares.
Remember to use the promo code FMH20 for your UK Railcard discount of 20% off when purchasing direct from National Rail.
Other railcards are available, although these are not discounted by 20%, and remain at full price.
- 16-25 Railcard – Available to anyone aged 16 to 25, or over 25 and in full-time study – Receive 1/3 off Standard Anytime, Off-Peak, Standard Advanced and First Class Advanced fares.
- Two Together Railcard – Available to two named people travelling together aged 16 or over. Receive 1/3 off Standard and First Class Anytime, Off-Peak and Advanced fares.
- Senior Railcard – Available to anyone aged 60 or over – Receive 1/3 off Standard and First Class Anytime, Off Peak and Advance fares.
- Disabled Persons Railcard – Available to people who have a disability that makes travelling by train difficult – Receive 1/3 off Standard and First Class Anytime, Off-Peak and Advance fares for you and a friend.
Alternatively, instead of paying cash, you can redeem £15 of Tesco Clubcard points for railcards if you participate in the scheme.