For those new to the concept of the Curve card it is essentially an ‘all in one’ card that lets you carry one card with you instead of many. The Curve card links to your existing Mastercard or Visa cards (such as your bank account, or even credit cards). Everything is managed through the Curve card app, which is super easy to use, and allows you to add your existing debit or credit cards. After cards have been added everything you spend on the Curve card is instantly recharged to your linked account.
Yesterday Curve officially launched their rewards scheme, Curve Rewards. The rewards scheme, which is points based, allows you to collect Curve Rewards points by using your Curve card for everyday purchases.
Earning Curve Rewards Points
- Curve Black cardholders will receive double reward points, compared to Curve Blue cardholders
- There is no limit on the amount of Curve Reward points you can earn
- Up to 5% cashback at participating retailers
- Boost your Curve Reward points balance by referring friends and family
Further details in the Curve Rewards FAQ article.
Spending Curve Rewards Points
A new Curve Rewards card has been added within the Curve app. This card works the same as any other debit or credit card in your Curve wallet. To spend Curve Rewards points select this card before processing a transaction.
- 1 Curve point = 1 pence
- Curve Rewards points balance needs to exceed the transaction amount
- Curve Rewards points can not be redeemed by withdrawing cash from ATMs or cash-back transactions
- Points cannot be transferred/withdrawn to a bank account.
Claim Up To £50 Of Curve Rewards Points
If you registered for the Curve card at launch you could be due up to £50 of reward points.
Shortly after the official launch of the Curve card, American Express compatibility was suspended, which was a huge frustration for existing cardholders. Curve promised to credit Blue cardholders £35 and Black cardholders £50.
Shachar Bialick, the CEO of Curve sent out an email on the 24th May stating “For those that had an AMEX funding card and signed up before we announced the pause with AMEX (24th May 2016), and who qualified for the points by spending more than £1000 between June 1st and August 31st (excluding ATM withdrawals), Curve Blue users will receive £35 and Curve Black users £50″.
Open your Curve app to check if your spending qualifies for the Curve Reward points, and to check if they have arrived.