IHG Rewards Club (the loyalty scheme of Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza etc) have just announced details of their latest promotion, again named Accelerate, which is set to start in Autumn of 2016. The IHG Accelerate Autumn promotion is valid for stays between 6th September and 15th December 2016 (both dates inclusive).
The promotion is targeted, so everyone has their own personal target which is displayed after registering for the promotion. IHG promise that members will be presented with the opportunity to earn at least 30,000 bonus points upon completion of all offers presented.
I stay at IHG properties very infrequently and received a poor offer. Through my offer, I can earn a total of 38,000 points with a total of 18 stays as follows:
- September Bonus Offer — 5,000 bonus points (stay once in September)
- Stay Once Get 1,000 — 1,000 bonus points (stay once)
- Stay 3 nights — 5,000 bonus points (stay 3 nights)
- Stay 3 more nights — 3,000 bonus points (stay a total of 6 nights)
- Stay 3 more nights — 3,000 bonus points (stay a total of 9 nights)
- Stay 3 more nights — 3,000 bonus points (stay a total of 12 nights)
- Stay 3 more nights — 3,000 bonus points (stay a total of 15 nights)
- Stay 3 more nights — 15,000 bonus points (stay a total of 18 nights)
As the offer is targeted hopefully you will receive a better offer. In previous Accelerate promotions I have had better luck and have been able to gain thousands of bonus points with only a couple of stays.
It’s also worth noting that if you receive a target to spend a specific amount on food and drink, be aware that this amount excludes VAT. To complete the target you need to spend 20% more.
To see which version of the IHG Accelerate Autumn promotion offer you’re targeted you need to register for the promotion.